Stillbirth Clinical Care Standard Launch18 October 2022
Join the online launch of the first national Stillbirth Clinical Care Standard, developed by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care. The event will be streamed live from the Annual National Stillbirth Forum.
Stillbirth is a tragic and profound experience that affects more than 2,000 families in Australia every year. Despite being the most common form of perinatal death in Australia, the experience of stillbirth can be hidden due to stigma, taboo and a culture of silence.
Hear leading experts discuss best practice in preventing stillbirth, investigations after stillbirth and the importance of bereavement care after perinatal loss.
When: Friday 4 November, 12:30 – 1:30 PM AEDT
Expert panellists: ABC journalist and broadcaster Tegan Taylor will host an expert panel including:
- Associate Professor Liz Marles – Clinical Director, Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care and General Practitioner, Hornsby-Brooklyn GP Unit
- Professor Adrienne Gordon – Neonatologist at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Clinical Professor at University of Sydney, and Chief Investigator at the Stillbirth CRE
- Professor Caroline Homer AO – Co-Program Director Maternal, Child and Adolescent Health at the Burnet Institute and President of the Perinatal Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Professor David Ellwood – Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Griffith University, Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine at Gold Coast University Hospital, and Co-Director of the Stillbirth CRE
- Ms Deanna Stuart-Butler – Senior Advisor, Indigenous Research and Chair of the National Stillbirth Indigenous Advisory Group at the Stillbirth CRE
Register at: https://safetyandquality.tv
This event is relevant to all healthcare professionals involved in providing care during pregnancy, and after stillbirth or other forms of perinatal loss.
For more information on the Stillbirth Clinical Care Standard visit safetyandquality.gov.au/stillbirth-ccs
The ANMF has formally endorsed the Stillbirth Clinical Care Standard and provided two responses to consultation on the draft Standard found below.
Stay aware and up to date with industry issues
Receive the latest ANMF news, media and campaign updates direct to your inbox.