Psychological Hazards in Healthcare Conference10 October 2022
The ANMF (Vic Branch) Psychological Hazards in Healthcare Conference is a full day event held in Melbourne on Friday 11 November 2022. The conference is aimed at all levels of nursing, midwifery, carers and other health professionals and attracts six hours CPD.
Psychological hazards at work have an impact on the mental and/or emotional wellbeing of workers, which are impacted by organisational factors. Outcomes of exposure to psychological hazards include but are not limited to stress, fatigue (physical and emotional), and other psychological and physical symptoms.
The nature of the work and healthcare environment can place unique pressure on the psychological health of those in the workplace, with risks including:
- heavy workload (including overtime) that impacts work-life balance
- prolonged and repeated exposure to trauma
- exposure to occupational violence and aggression
- entrenched bullying or harassment within the workplace
- organisational culture, where caring for others is prioritised above caring for the carers
- poor communication or lack of appropriate work support systems
Visit the website for more information and to register to attend.
Stay aware and up to date with industry issues
Receive the latest ANMF news, media and campaign updates direct to your inbox.